Re: F37 Change: Deprecate Legacy BIOS (System-Wide Change proposal)

Am 07.04.22 um 18:14 schrieb Robbie Harwood:
Robert Marcano via devel <devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Is this change only related to install media support for booting with
BIOS only? Would I be able to install newer Fedora releases using Legacy
PXE on BIOS only machines?

The intent is to indicate that new legacy installations are not
supported, regardless of how one gets there.  Mechanically, there are
few ways to actually *prevent* these installations[1] - rather, we send
a message that this is on its way out (i.e., deprecated) and that it's
time for users to consider migrating their setups.

So the direct answer is: yes, probably, if you're willing to work at it
hard enough.  But it wouldn't be supported.

Your answer once more confirms my impression on Red Hat's current role in Fedora: Red Hat is abusing Fedora is not willing to contribute to the community and is striving to get rid of the community (similar to RHAT's management faults wrt. CentOS)

That said, should this change happen, I will probably drop using und supporting fedora and switch to a different flavor of Linux. It's apparently what RHAT wants.

Ralf