Re: F37 Change: Deprecate Legacy BIOS (System-Wide Change proposal)

On Wed, Apr 6 2022 at 01:57:00 PM -0400, Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Moving past the Big Three(tm), the actual
cloud providers that matter from a Fedora context are the smaller
outfits that principally serve Linux users. These are companies like
DigitalOcean, Linode (Akamai), Hetzner, VexxHost, and others who
graciously do offer Fedora Linux in their platforms. All of their
virtualization platforms are BIOS only right now, and getting them to
switch requires them to uplift their platforms to support UEFI in the
first place. And again, when UEFI means things like VM snapshots and
cloud hibernation don't work, it's not very compelling.

I suppose we should consider that all or most of these platforms are likely to drop Fedora as a supported option if we proceed with this change proposal.