Re: Fedora Core 5 Idea

Emmanuel Seyman wrote:

And the fact that Bluecurve was the default for RH8 -> FC3 doesn't
mean it has to be the default till the end of time. Your arguement
doesn't stand either.

Did I say it has to be BlueCurve? Did I say it has to be any artwork "borrowed" from RHEL? I said it should be something professional. BlueCurve was and still is in this regard. AFAIK BlueCurve is the *only* complete desktop package for GNOME and KDE. It's got Qt/GTK1/GTK2/Metacity/KWM themes, icons, wallpapers and mouse pointers for both environments. Clearlooks may be a "rewrite", but it's a 5% rewrite. There can't be any comparison between the two.

I too think that binary drivers are a waste of developers' time.

Why should you care, is it FC's developers' time? Are they cr*p? Have a look at ATI's, thank you.

--
Ovidiu Lixandru
linux360