Re: Chromium security bugs remain unfixed for > 1 month

> We ship VA-API integration, which Google doesn't offer.

VAAPI hasn't worked for a long time on chromium. In "chrome://gpu" it shows "Video Decode: Software only. Hardware acceleration disabled" and it cannot be changed in "chrome://flags" either. This is the case for Fedora's packaged chromium and rpmfusion's chromium-freeworld. I encourage you to verify this yourself using intel or amd graphics.

> Those features provide tangible benefits to the community at large
> that we would lose by "sloppy packaging"

An outdated browser that has many known vulnerabilities is a huge security problem and provides tangible drawbacks. If it's too much work to keep current then it should be removed from the repository. We do not want users to be under the illusion that the provided package is secure and maintained when it's not.

> The same goes for everyone else on this thread so far. I'm
> disappointed by the OP and everyone else in this thread who thinks
> it's okay to do less than a good job on shipping software.

I would argue that providing secure packages takes priority over most other packaging issues.