Re: Chromium security bugs remain unfixed for > 1 month

Apologies for the delays. My wife has been rather ill for a while, so my open source time has been greatly minimized lately.

Fedora cannot use the default tarball due to legal restrictions. Additionally, Fedora uses GCC (intentionally) which requires patch work for each release, but improves the quality of the resulting package.

Chromium was also breaking koji due to the large amount of memory it needs to build exceeding the available memory in VMs. The helpful Fedora Infra team has created a baremetal group for Chromium to work around this.

Finally, I had been working on trying to resolve the build failures with Fedora 36, but they should now be fixed (as of last night).

Of course, Google released a new major version this morning, so the terrifying carousel spins anew.

Your patience is appreciated.

~spot