Re: C++ compatibility package dropped

From: "Jakub Jelinek" <jakub@xxxxxxxxxx>
> As long as the legacy programs people are installing are packaged
> as rpm, yum or other package managers can handle the dependencies
> just fine, so I don't see how is that a silent break.
> If not using a package manager, you take the responsibility
> of satisfying the dependencies yourself.

That doesn't mean breaking things on purpose.
Pissing off customers is not The Right Thing (TM),
last time I've checked.

Waiting a few more years before yanking system libs
from under people's feet would be the more prudent
thing to do. And it costs so little, it's not even
funny that it's not being considered.

--
Dimi Paun <dimi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Lattica, Inc.