Re: F36 Change: Relocate RPM database to /usr (System-Wide Change proposal)

On Wed, Dec 29, 2021 at 05:06:37PM -0500, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Dec 2021 at 16:16, Michel Alexandre Salim <
> salimma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> All that said, this isn't the first time this has happened. It is the
> reason why various large changes usually require groups to sort of make a
> sample sausage for people to eat before they have to sit through watching
> the larger sausage made. Because we are all going to have to do that while
> any of these changes are working through the grinder.

That's good feedback, thanks. It can probably be done in both this case
and fs-verity:

- for the RPMDB change: have a COPR repo with the patched RPM and the
  systemd service, with clear instructions how to test

  Potential issue: if someone enables this without reading the
  instructions, and did not create the symlink either manually or via
  the service, this can break their system. Probably have to name it
  something like 'rpmdb-move-READ-INSTRUCTIONS-FIRST' or something scary
  like that

- for fsverity: having a COPR with the plugin and some re-signed
  packages would probably work, so people can get familiar with it

Best regards,

--
Michel Alexandre Salim
profile: https://keyoxide.org/michel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx