Re: Mock v2.16 release, mock-core-configs v36.4

Dne 18. 12. 21 v 22:09 Nico Kadel-Garcia napsal(a):
Discarding RHEL 7 and CentOS 7  for
EPEL, and by implication Amazon Linux 2,  will discourage people
further from using RHEL based releases at all, I'd not consider it an
encouragement to switch to RHEL 8. Commercial users are avoiding
CentOS 8.  Discarding EPEL 7 is salting the earth for existing users
of RHEL 7 and CentOS 7.

????

No one is discarding RHEL/CentOS.  Mock will stay there. No one is going to delete it.

RHEL/CentOS 7 will be still supported and will be maintained. Security and fatal changes will be backported.

We are just marking new moment in development and some features will land only into v3 which will not go to EPEL 7.

And you will be still able to build for EPEL 7. Even with from v3.

Mind the difference of supporting it as host platform (i.e. from where you run it) and target platform (for which OS you are building).

So what is the problem?

Miroslav