Re: Question for election candidates: do you support allowing Fedora src-git repositories to be hosted on a proprietary software git forge?

On Mon, Nov 29, 2021 at 03:15:24PM -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> shown that the answer is "probably not, actually". And it's _really
> hard_ for me to go to Red Hat and say "hey, um, I know you're paying
> for this Gitlab contract we can use, but can you please do this huge
> project, with ongoing maintaince forever, to set up and run the
> all-open-source version in addition to that?"

I need to correct this slightly — Red Hat is paying GitLab and using it for
RHEL development. Fedora (and CentOS) access is through GitLab's program for
open source projects.

But, I also want to add this: I spoke to Mike McGrath about all of this, and
he is very willing to help us bring any particular features that we need
from Gitlab that are important to our usage and ask them to open source
them. So... if there are specific features anyone is concerned about, please
let me know.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>