Question for election candidates: do you support allowing Fedora src-git repositories to be hosted on a proprietary software git forge?

Hi, I have a question for the FESCo and Council candidates: do you support allowing Fedora src-git repositories to be hosted on gitlab.com, which a proprietary software git forge?

Fedora Council has already effectively stated that dist-git infrastructure must remain open source, but has no such promises for src-git. I understand Council has previously stated that Fedora infrastructure should depend on proprietary software only if no open source alternative is suitable. Do you believe that there exist no open source git forges that would be suitable for Fedora src-git?

The most obvious open source alternative would be the open source version of GitLab. There is also Pagure. I think we're giving up on open source infrastructure rather quickly here. I'd like to know what the candidates think before voting.

Context:
https://pagure.io/fedora-source-git/sig/issue/1
https://communityblog.fedoraproject.org/fedora-council-and-the-git-forge/

Michael