Re: Bash Script to Automount File System (LVM/BTRFS/LUKS) for solving booting trobleshoting issues and include in live-cd image

On Sun, Nov 21, 2021 at 09:45:57AM -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > Hello., is not precisely my idea but anyone can build a script, which can be included in fedora live cd image for solving/troubleshoting this issues, at least for a fedora default instalation, if is a custom install there is nothing we can do about that.
> > * Reinstalling the bootloader.
> > * Rebuilding the initramfs image.
> > * Upgrading or downgrading packages.
> > * Resetting a forgotten password.
> > * Root Account Locked.
> > * Recover GRUB2 problem.
>
> Installer images already have this, it's called 'rescue mode'. Live
> images do not have it, but any netinst or the Server DVD image does
> have it.

It does seem like adding a rescue mode to the live image wouldn't be a bad
idea. Maybe even with some kind of GUI helper. But someone would have to
develop that software, and as always we have more ideas then implementors.
And of course, implementing means keeping it up to date, fixing problems
that occur, and helping test that it still works on new releases, and so on.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>