Re: RFC: Reduce number of packages that are built for i686

Hi,
another subject that can be related

In thread "I think we should stop building i686 packages we're not
shipping" we are alerted for builds for i686 that aren't publish .
Following the tip , I found some packages that we aren't shipped are
needed to allow mock start the buildroot for example tar-1.34-
2.fc35.i686.rpm, tar is only available on koji local repo (1).

I think we should have all i686 packages, that are needed to start a
buildrooot, published. i.e. available on x86_64 repos. To allow mock
build i686 packages without need to access to internal koji local repo
(which may not be public) .

But for packages that aren't shipped , I agree not build for i686, we
already got the concept of multilib package and only multilib packages
should be build for i686 , I think.

(1)
https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/repos/f35-build/latest/i386/pkglist

--