Re: F36 Change: Package information on ELF objects (System-Wide Change proposal)

On Do, 28.10.21 14:24, Fedora Development ML (devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> Lennart Poettering wrote:
> > I understand you are not working with backtraces/coredumps every
> > day.
>
> For core dumps, this is true. (I have found those to not be of much use,
> other than getting a backtrace, but I would rather just get the backtrace
> directly.)

The `coredumpctl gdb` command is pure bliss btw. It allows you to
asynchronously debug crashes in a very easy way.

> Sorry, but I do not see those "MiniDebugInfo" and "package information"
> features as helping me maintain software in any way.

I think we can agree on that. Thing though is that it would help a lot
of other people. And I am pretty sure that's a good reason to do this
feature.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Berlin