Re: Package owner required for ImageMagick

On 10/14/21 11:17 PM, Neal Gompa wrote:
Also note that ImageMagick is in the unusual position of not actually
being upgraded to the latest version. One of the first things that
you'll probably want to look at is upgrading it to ImageMagick 7.x.
ImageMagick 6.x is not maintained upstream as far as I can tell.

Yes, and the maintainer prior to me had tried to push a 7.x update and then promptly abandoned the package after a mess was made.

ImageMagick 7.x has a different API and requires porting apps. Apps are not interested in 7.x and will use 6.x until they're forced to change.

@Luya, apologies for not providing you with a little more knowledge of the package. It isn't a simple package to maintain. Upgrades require great, great care and lots of rebuilds and alignment with other packages on every update.