Re: API endpoint listing ISOs and checksums for Fedora releases and Rawhide?

On Wed, 2021-10-13 at 08:11 -0400, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 12, 2021 at 2:42 PM Frantisek Zatloukal <fzatlouk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > in testcloud ( https://pagure.io/testcloud/blob/master/f/testcloud/util.py#_100 ), I am using adam's openqa nightlies.json for rawhide/branched: https://openqa.fedoraproject.org/nightlies.json (this isn't a "stable api")
> >
> > and https://getfedora.org/releases.json for stable releases.
> >
> > For programmatically determining which are the current fedora releases, I am using oraculum's https://packager-dashboard.fedoraproject.org/api/v1/releases (this wouldn't change nor break).
>
> For what it's worth, Bodhi provides a stable API for getting the list
> of current Fedora releases. See my Github Action at
> https://github.com/sgallagher/get-fedora-releases-action/blob/main/get_fedora_releases.py
> (which I use to programmatically keep my CI tests running on all
> active releases).

The main problem I faced with using Bodhi for this purpose is that in
Bodhi a new release gets set to stable state quite 'early'.
Specifically, it gets marked as stable before the official release
date, and so before the release tree is actually available in the
expected location on public mirrors.

I used Bodhi as the data source for fedfind for a couple of cycles, but
both times this caused problems, which is why I stopped doing that.

My long-term plan for making this whole area better is to get
releasestream[0] deployed and onboard a bunch of the releng processes
to it, but I haven't had any roundtuits to work on that lately.

[0] https://pagure.io/fedora-qa/releasestream
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA