Re: Fedora 💔 Java: The Death of Two SIGs

On Thu, Sep 30, 2021 at 11:17 AM Mikolaj Izdebski <mizdebsk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 29, 2021 at 1:51 PM Miro Hrončok <mhroncok@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Since the @java-maint-sig group is esentially non-responsive, I suggest we do
> > the following:
>
> Thanks for making this distinction - @java-maint-sig group is not the
> same as Java SIG.
> Some of the most active members of Java SIG (like me or OpenJDK
> maintainers) are not
> (and never were) members of @java-maint-sig.

That's true. The "old" Java SIG was never properly set up as a FAS
group. Its Wiki page has contained obsolete information for *years*,
and the list of members there hasn't been accurate for years, either.
On the other hand, you were explicitly welcome to join the newly set
up group, which you never bothered to do, since you were pretending
that Modularity will solve all of humanity's problems, and obviously
preferred to work alone, never offering help or feedback, unless
*maybe* when explicitly asked. Now that modules won't solve Java
packaging either, you're back, and bad-mouthing all the work the SIG
did while it was active to keep the shit from hitting the fan while
you were AWOL, which I find a bit rich.

I am sorry for having delayed this seeminly inevitable end for Java
packages in Fedora by three years.
It looks like the time and energy I invested into the effort of
keeping Java packages alive in Fedora were in vain.

This will be my *last* ML post on this topic. I will no longer
participate in any Java-related discussions, for the sake of my own
(mental and physical) health.

Goodbye.