Re: Using YubiKey for accounts.fedoraproject.org OTP?

On Mon, 27 Sept 2021 at 09:28, Miro Hrončok <mhroncok@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've been trying to add the OPT token from accounts.fedoraproject.org to my
> yubikey. I get a QR code and a otpauth://totp/username?secret=xxx URI.
>
> I copypasted the xxx secret (56 characters: digits and uppercase letters) and
> tried to add it via YubiKey Manager GUI via Applications/OTP as OATH-HOTP (6
> digits).
>
> I get "Failed to configure Long Touch (Slot 2). undefined" error.
>
> When I tried to use the CLI:
>
>      $ ykman otp hotp -d 6 -c 0 2 xxx
>
> I get "Error: key lengths >20 bytes not supported".
>
> Is there a way to use YubiKey for accounts.fedoraproject.org OTP, or is the
> device not compatible?

OK let's back up a bit, since I am looking at a working yubikey for
Fedora OTP at the moment. The first thing we need to see is if the key
you are using is compatible. There are multiple generations and they
use different commands to program them :/. The ones I know which work
are the older 'black' yubikeys. The newer blue ones, do not seem to
work with the Fedora commands shipped. If I run

I am looking at my yubikeys and they all work. I know that every
sysadmin in Fedora has been using yubikeys for years. So I am guessing
something else is going on here for this device. Here is what I get
from my two Fedora ones

```
$ # This is my oldest key which works for Fedora
$ ykinfo -t -i -p -I -1 -2
touch_level: 1793
programming_sequence: 1
slot1_status: 1
slot2_status: 0
vendor_id: 1050
product_id: 10

$ # This is my 2nd gen black key and was keyed to Fedora during testing.
$ ykinfo -t -i -p -I -1 -2
touch_level: 1285
programming_sequence: 1
slot1_status: 1
slot2_status: 0
vendor_id: 1050
product_id: 110

$ # This is a blue key which I use for other websites because Fedora
commands give me
$ ykinfo -t -i -p -I -1 -2
Yubikey core error: no yubikey present
```

> Thanks,
> --
> Miro Hrončok
> --
> Phone: +420777974800
> IRC: mhroncok

Stephen J Smoogen.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Flame wars in
sci.astro.orion. I have seen SPAM filters overload because of Godwin's
Law. All those moments will be lost in time... like posts on a BBS...
time to shutdown -h now.