Re: rpmautospec release ccalculation

On Wed, Aug 11, 2021 at 5:27 PM Michael J Gruber <mjg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The easy way out :)
> I'm maintaining a few stale packages, though.

Just wondering, if the packages are stale, why convert them?
Packages that change or have new versions often do benefit from
rpmautospec much more than something that never changes, IMO ...

> I wasn't sure about the x vs x+1. Good to know it's fine.

Well, if you run "fedpkg srpm", it should contain the preprocessed
.spec file, with the calculated release number as "%global
release_number" in the header, and the processed %changelog. That
might give you hints about what goes wrong in some of your cases. For
example, if there are "uncommitted changes", rpmautospec will
increment the release number by 1 automatically, with a changelog
message of "Uncommitted changes" :-)

Fabio