Re: F35 Change: Filtered Flathub Applications (System-Wide Change proposal)

Matt,

You're correct, I was being very dramatic.  I've since talked to Otaylor, and the only real problem is that the announcement of this change is misleading.  Fedora isn't "filtering" anything, you're adding Flathub packages in a place they weren't available before.  The announcement reads like you're modifying the Flatpak binary to allow only filtered content, and I think you can see why that would create substantial alarm among SB users.

Since I was the one to raise a stink about it, I'm going to work with otaylor to revise the text of the change announcement so that it'll read as a positive feature change (which it is) instead of as taking something away.