Re: OT: nVidia driver [was: Wish list]

Sean wrote:
It's pretty annoying listening to all the newcomers unthinkingly thumb
their nose at what got us to where we are today.  You simply can't move
Linux forward by undermining exactly what makes it important and
successful.

I don't know who you're calling newcomers, but there are plenty of Linux veterans, including myself, who don't share your opinion.

Anyway, choosing a binary driver has real risks involved.  If you value
the data in your computer, you understand the open source process, and
you're thankful for the great O/S that you find yourself using; the
decisions become rather easy.

My points was, you can only choose if there's an alternative. There are no serious alternatives to the Nvidia binary driver, and that's not my fault.

-denis