Re: question about RedHat/Fedora and the GPL

seth vidal wrote:
On Tue, 2005-06-07 at 14:32 +1200, condition terminal wrote:

I still see no answer. I see people making jokes of this thread, but no answers.
Why is beehive allowed to not be released under the terms and
conditions of the GPL when the GPL clearly states that files use to
build GPL code also have to be released under the terms and conditions
of the GPL?

b/c everyone who has had a lawyer review it say the same thing that
beehive doesn't have to be released under the gpl and the integration
level of beehive with red hat's environment makes it bordering on
useless to release anyway.

Not to mention that beehive is based on a very old design, and modern buildsystem designs like mach or mock do a better job of ensuring that certain types of bugs are discovered and fixed.

Warren Togami
wtogami@xxxxxxxxxx