Re: RFC: Banning bots from submitting automated koji builds

On Sun, 2021-06-20 at 07:29 -0400, Neal Gompa wrote:

> If you want the features of Rawhide for CI, then we should talk about
> enabling this in more places. For example, there's no technical reason
> we couldn't do OpenQA runs for packages in COPR. There are serious
> consequences to shipping packages into Rawhide, not the least of which
> is that it locks an NVR forever into Koji and ships it to people using
> Rawhide as a daily driver. Also having the ability to have COPR
> auto-rebuild as stuff changes in the build root makes the CI case work
> better, and that's something we literally can't do in Koji (by policy
> and by design).

I mean, there's no need for COPR to be involved. Rawhide runs through
Bodhi these days. We could configure the package(s) concerned to gate
the updates on testing.

One major stumbling block there is that the openQA tests Peter values
only run on nightly composes, and those only pull in stable packages.
But it's not like we couldn't engineer our way around that if we wanted
to.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA