Experience on src.fedoraproject.org as non-packager

Hello everyone,

Even though I've now been sponsored as a packager, I did want to share my experience since it was a bit frustrating.

If you do have a FAS account, you can log in on src.fedoraproject.org and can even fork repositories. However, on the clone URL you only see the anonymous git URL. That means you have no way to push changes to your fork. That also means you can't submit a PR to repositories using your fork. The end result is that it's very hard to contribute to repositories.

My suggestion is to either give non-packagers the URL (and if needed permission) to push to their own forks or remove the ability to fork a repository.

Regards,
Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden