Re: F35 Change: Python Packaging Guidelines overhaul (System-Wide Change proposal)

On 15.06.2021 10:14, Vít Ondruch wrote:
I think that "use your bests judgement" still applies. So whatever is in guidelines should be respected, but sometimes there needs to be exceptions.

The word "MUST" should be replaced by "SHOULD" then.

If upstream tests works fine, I always enable them, but if I need to do a lot of work by patching/rewriting them, I would rather skip them altogether, because I'm not getting paid for this unnecessary work.

Also, some upstream tests are designed for their own CI only. You will need to do a lot of patching to reproduce their build/tests environment.

--
Sincerely,
  Vitaly Zaitsev (vitaly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)