Re: PWG virtual meetup 2021

On 5/7/21 12:01 AM, Zdenek Dohnal wrote:
On 5/6/21 9:36 PM, Brandon Nielsen wrote:
Would you want to see that ported to a "How to debug printing
problems" Quick Doc[0]? Probably under "Usage and customisation"? I
could take a crack at a draft.

[0] - https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/quick-docs/

Hi Brandon!

Thank you for looking into it! IMO it would be nice to have a separate
category (for Printing and then a separate for Scanning) like kernel,
databases or virtualization have - it would be lost in 'Usage and
customisation' group.

It is because the wiki page doesn't cover only 'How to debug printing
problems', but it covers more terminology, tricks, known issues, user
stories and (finally) how to debug and file the report - so it would be
nice to have subcategory for all of those.

And IMHO Fedora Linux's user base is mostly on desktop, it makes sense
to me to have printing and scanning on the main page.

If it is possible and you agree too, please let me know once you have a
time to create a draft :)

Again, thank you very much!

Zdenek

I started on this last night and based on the sheer quantity of documentation I agree 100%. It should probably be it's own "Printing and scanning" category or categories. I'm converting it as a bunch of "partials" so it can be reorganized easily.

You can see the start of my work in pagure[0], I tried to add you as a collaborator to the branch, let me know if I did it wrong. I still need to clean up a lot of the formatting and intra-document links as well as split it out into the categories mentioned above. But all of the text should be there.

I also pinged the docs group to see if they have any suggestions[1].

[0] - https://pagure.io/fork/nielsenb/fedora-docs/quick-docs/tree/printing-debug [1] - https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/docs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/thread/K7VSSF3Q26CINGMU5PECARZJ7N7XQSEQ/