Re: How to handle pull request with git?

On Wed, Apr 14, 2021 at 02:38:40PM +0100, Tom Hughes via devel wrote:
> On 14/04/2021 14:28, Mark Wielaard wrote:
>
> > I added the following line to my .git/config at the end of the [remote
> > "origin"] section to be able to pull it:
> >
> > fetch = +refs/pull/*/head:refs/remotes/origin/pr/*
> >
> > Then git pulled and checkout pr/4, made the changes, committed them
> > and pushed them back, hoping that would update the pr.
>
> Is there anywhere that works?
>
> I don't think even github allows you to push back to the
> generated head for the PR like that. If the person who opened
> the PR allowed it then you can push to their original branch
> to update the PR - no idea if pagure supports that.

I have no experience with github, but it looked like a normal remote
branch to me, so I expected to be able to push to it. How else are you
supposed to coordinate on a PR/patch like that?

> Possibly src.fpo should reject pushes to the PR heads to
> avoid this kind of accident though.

Yes, I did certainly mess up here, don't completely understand how,
but it would have been nice if the system would have stopped me.

> > But it didn't, apparently I created a new origin/pr/4 branch, which I
> > am now unable to delete because:
> >
> > $ git push origin --delete pr/4
> > remote: Branch deletion is not allowed
> > remote: Denied push for ref 'refs/heads/pr/4' for user 'mjw'
> > remote: All changes have been rejected
> > To ssh://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/rpms/valgrind
> >   ! [remote rejected] pr/4 (pre-receive hook declined)
> > error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/rpms/valgrind'
> >
> > What did I do wrong and how do I fix this?
>
> You pushed a branch into source git which is bad as hey
> can't be deleted.
>
> I believe in principle you can ask an admin to delete it
> so long as no builds have been done from it.

That would be nice. How do I contact an admin?

Thanks,

Mark