Re: Fedora 33 and 34 Workstation images not booting in Hyper-V

I just did a quick test with Fedora 34 beta on Hyper-V on Windows 10 version 2009, build 19042. These settings should work on Windows Server 2016 and later too as far as I know. The live boot and install worked as usual.

The hyperv_fb driver defaults to 1024x768, but you can change the resolution after you install. I put those steps in the same gist.

There is also a Vagrant box available for Fedora 33 that includes a Hyper-V version: Vagrant box generic/fedora33 - Vagrant Cloud (vagrantup.com)

From: Marius Schwarz <fedoradev@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, April 10, 2021 1:09 AM
To: devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Fedora 33 and 34 Workstation images not booting in Hyper-V

Am 09.04.21 um 23:03 schrieb Patrick Lang:

Yes, that’s the right setting for secure boot on Linux. Fedora, Ubuntu, and probably more distros use that setting. There is a list of distros that support secure boot here: Supported Linux and FreeBSD virtual machines for Hyper-V on Windows | Microsoft Docs

The default template is “Microsoft Windows” which only allows the MS signing certificate.

If you run into other issues related to Hyper-V, feel free to file bugs and mention me on them. I use it frequently.

Thanks Patrick and Stephen, checking it next week.

best regards,
Marius