Re: Fedora 33 and 34 Workstation images not booting in Hyper-V

On Fri, 9 Apr 2021 at 14:58, Stephen John Smoogen <smooge@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, 9 Apr 2021 at 14:34, Marius Schwarz <fedoradev@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I had the chance check Fedora Workstation Images F33 + F34 Beta  on a
brandnew Windows Server with Hyper-V latest.

I am able to boot Fedora 33 and Fedora 34 beta iso's on Hyper-V Manager 10.0.19041.1 but I don't know if you could also and you are talking post-install or something else.

I did un-check the 'This machine is running WIndows' button which turns off Secure Boot.

I tried the install with Secure Boot enabled in Hyper-V and it failed immediately when trying to work with Fedora 33 and Fedora 34. It seems they have a whitelist of secure bootable isos as they list Ubuntu 20.04 and Windows in their quick install.

Both are not booting, not even grub showing up.

There is no error message visible, so I can't supply you any more infos.

The only additional info i can offer is the fact, that the fedora 33
workstation image has also problems with the Surface Pro 4 Bios,
it only boots from usb after some wired timed usb drive inserting-> bios
forced boot override.

The diagnosis with the pro 4 was, that it would need a bios update, but
as hyper-v does not boot the image too, maybe it's not the M$ bios thats
defective.

best regards,
Marius Schwarz

Stephen J Smoogen.