Re: RFC: declaring estimated per-builder RAM usage in spec file

Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> It happens locally, rather than formally in koji or mock. I've had to
> use it to build things like "cli53", which has a stunning mess of
> golang dependencies hosted in github and beyond my ability to sort out
> the dependency chains. I've also used it for pip based installs when
> in a rush, using "python3 -m venv /opt/package; source
> /opt/package/bin/activate; pip install package" to resolve a chain of
> dependencies beyond my time and willingness to resolve as RPMs and
> bundle them into an RPM containing /usr/local/package or /opt/package.
> Since I've published working repos to build dependency chains of over
> 200 RPM based python modules in a set, I don't do that lightly.

I don't see how your local packages that would never pass Fedora review
(because they do not build in Koji) are affected by the proposal being
discussed at all.

If you don't know how much memory is needed, just don't declare it (or
declare it as 0).

        Kevin Kofler