Re: Status update for the new AAA system

An update again!

We've sent an email to folks that have an account in both Fedora & CentOS but registered with different email addresses. If that's your case, please choose one address for both accounts, it'll help us migrate.

We are now in the middle of the final sprint for production deployment. We're trying to fit the dates for the beta release to avoid causing delays, so we're targeting March 18th as a deployment date. We want to aim for the right timeslot between Ireland's national holiday on the 17th and Fedora's beta release the week after. We are conscious that we're planning a critical production deployment the morning after St Patrick's day... Let the sysadmin who has never deployed with a headache cast the first stone. ;-)

After production deployment, FAS will be made read-only to avoid breaking applications that haven't been migrated yet, but its data will start drifting away from the real production data, so we encourage you to switch as soon as you can. We haven't decided how long we'll keep FAS running, but it's probably not going to be very long because of the associated maintenance ressources.

The URL for Noggin will be accounts.fedoraproject.org. It's more in line with our naming conventions, and we will add a warning on FAS's page to let users know that it's read-only and deprecated with a link to Noggin. Eventually, we'll set a redirect.

If you are a group admin, please check that your group's description is still up-to-date, because changing it will require opening an infra ticket in the future and it's going to be less easy (until we find cycles to add this feature of course -- or until you do!).

We're doing our best to avoid breaking anything accidentally, but if that happens please open a ticket or contact us on IRC at #fedora-aaa.

Thanks!

Aurélien