Re: Pytest 4 in Fedora, let's get rid of it please

On 03. 03. 21 11:53, Paul Howarth wrote:
On Tue, 2 Mar 2021 09:10:32 -0800
Kevin Fenzi <kevin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, Mar 02, 2021 at 04:40:54PM +0000, Paul Howarth wrote:
Hi all,

On Tue, 2 Mar 2021 16:06:40 +0100
Miro Hrončok <mhroncok@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Given the lack of communication from the paramiko/invoke
maintainers, I've just orphaned python-pytest4. If nobody picks
it up, I plan to continue maintaining it in Fedora 33 and 34.

The paramiko/invoke maintainers would be me. Sorry for not
responding but was very busy with work and I kept kicking it down
the road.

My interest in paramiko comes from use with ansible, which I am an
active user of. I picked up paramiko when it got orphaned.
...snip...

So, I am sure you are aware, but just to note, ansible can use
paramiko (and indeed thats default for el6, but nothing newer with
ControlPersist in ssh) but largely doesn't need it anymore.

As ansible maintainer I would be ok dropping it from ansible, but if
you are going to keep it around, ansible can keep Requiring it in
case some usecase needs it. :)

Good to know, thanks. I've dropped the invoke and pytest-relaxed
dependencies from paramiko now so there's no reason why it shouldn't
stay around.

Awesome! Thanks.

--
Miro Hrončok