Re: Pytest 4 in Fedora, let's get rid of it please

On 02. 03. 21 17:40, Paul Howarth wrote:
Hi all,

On Tue, 2 Mar 2021 16:06:40 +0100
Miro Hrončok <mhroncok@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Given the lack of communication from the paramiko/invoke maintainers,
I've just orphaned python-pytest4. If nobody picks it up, I plan to
continue maintaining it in Fedora 33 and 34.

The paramiko/invoke maintainers would be me. Sorry for not responding
but was very busy with work and I kept kicking it down the road.

My interest in paramiko comes from use with ansible, which I am an
active user of. I picked up paramiko when it got orphaned.

My interest in invoke is due to it being an optional dependency of
paramiko. I picked up invoke when it got orphaned. Its test suite does
not work with any remotely modern version of pytest and that doesn't
look like being fixed any time soon.

Further down that dependency chain are python-spec, python-fluidity-sm
and python-should_dsl, which I look after as they're test dependencies
of invoke, though they're pretty much dead upstream it would seem.

The easiest thing for me to do would be to drop the dependency on
invoke from paramiko. I would no longer have an interest in invoke or
its test dependencies, and I'd actually be glad to be rid of them
personally. It might still be a problem for python-jsonmodels though: I
don't know how hard the dependency on invoke there is.

Then there is the problem of what to do with pytest-relaxed but I'd
happily take a patch to paramiko to get rid of it.

Here:
https://github.com/paramiko/paramiko/pull/1665

--
Miro Hrončok