Re: ELN SIG Launch

On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 10:25 AM Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is this a Fedora project or a Red Hat project using Fedora resources?
>
> Yes.

OK, so this was meant to be a tongue-in-cheek joke as a way to
acknowledge the question that came up in the original ELN discussions
and identify that the answer is essentially "both". This was much
clearer in the original draft of this email that I wrote when it was
followed by a FAQ entry titled "Can you just say the quiet part out
loud, please?" I reworked that into the "What is the benefit of ELN?"
section and the nuance of the relationship between the two questions
was lost. I should have dropped the joke question to avoid
side-tracking the conversation.

FWIW, Stephen Smoogen had it mostly right in his response, but I'll
state it here:

* All Fedora hardware resources are provided/funded by Red Hat, Inc.
* This project is taking place within the Fedora community and infrastructure.
* This project is clearly beneficial to Red Hat, Inc.
* Projects beneficial to Red Hat, Inc. tend to get additional funding
and personnel over time which benefits Fedora as a whole.