Re: What next?

Kaj J. Niemi wrote:
I would like automatic second display support (when connecting your
laptop to a projector for example). So far I haven't been able to figure
out how to do it except restart X with different settings. IMHO, it's one
feature Apple's Powerbooks do really well running OS X.

After watching the video of the talks from Guadec, you can see that this is a big problem. Almost every talk started off with 5 or 10 minutes of fiddling to get the video-to-projector working. In some cases, the presentation went on with partially broken displays.

Of course, if we can't do, neither can John Q. PowerPoint.

Steven Garrity