Re: koji save-failed-tree enabled

On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 06:17:01PM +0100, Petr Menšík wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
>
> is there specific reason, why scratch builds cannot do it? I met hard to
> reproduce issues in builds several times. I would prefer to analyse
> scratch builds instead of production builds.
>
> Could for example just single per-user scratch build archive be stored
> for some short time? Might be just a day or so. It might be useful to
> add some tweaks and retry. Keeping previous scratch build is not needed,
> but ability to extract information from non-production builds seems
> vital to me.
>
> Keeping record of failed production builds, which will stay there
> forever, does not look good to me.

I think this is a limitation of the way koji handles scratch builds.
koji keeps track of exact buildroots used for offical builds, but
scratch builds are just against whatever buildroot is current at the
time and I don't think koji keeps failed scratch builds around on the
builder.

But I agree, having some way to do this for scratch builds might be
nice. Could you file a koji RFE? or would you like me to do so?

kevin