Re: src.fedoraproject.org branch conversion to rawhide/main tomorrow

On Wed, Feb 03, 2021 at 06:03:30PM +0100, Fabio Valentini wrote:

> Note that the text on the Change page does not reflect what was
> actually approved by FESCo:
> https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/2519#comment-706518
>
> For reference: Approve Change proposal to rename branch names from
> "master" to "main", except in dist-git-like repositories with branches
> matching fedora releases, where "rawhide" is preferred. Where the new
> default branch will be "rawhide", create symbolic refs from "main" to
> "rawhide".
>
> So looking at the modules / tests namespaces (which are definitely not
> dist-git like), something went wrong here.

Well, "dist-git-like repositories with branches matching fedora
releases" wasn't obvious to me. If you didn't want modules or tests
namespaces, it would have been a lot more clear to say "excluding
modules or tests namespaces".

In any case modules did have master branches, and I thought we did want
to change those? for cases where you want to build a stream that has the
latest upstream changes. But you could always have called it main or
rawhide or whatever, but moving it now when we move everything else made
sense to me.

Anyhow, we will get it sorted out... sorry for the confusion.

kevin