Re: src.fedoraproject.org branch conversion to rawhide/main tomorrow

Petr Lautrbach <plautrba@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Kevin Fenzi <kevin@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> Greetings everyone.
>>
>> We finally have everything in place and hopefully tested to make the
>> switch tomorrow from master to rawhide/main branches for
>> src.fedoraproject.org.
>>
>> At 13:30UTC we will adjust pagure to reject pushes to 'master' and then
>> will be moving all the branches over to rawhide/main. As soon as all
>> packages are done, we will be adjusting pdc/hooks/existing pr's.
>>
>> We will be sending an additional email once changes are complete and
>> hopefully any downtime will be limited.
>>
>> Once the change is completed you will want to checkout rawhide/main
>> instead of master and update/recreate any existing forks you have.
>>
>> See
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/GitRepos-master-to-main
>> for more information.
>>

> The page says "This Change will move many repositories (see below) to
> use a "main" branch as default." and "Not every namespace on dist-git
> has a rawhide version. For example: containers do not have/use rawhide.
> And having different default branches on different namespaces is not
> very appealing."
>
> Now we have https://src.fedoraproject.org/tests/selinux/ with default
> branch "rawhide". "rawhide" doesn't make sense in this repo as it
> contains tests used on all Fedora versions and also downstream Red Hat
> Enterprise Linux.
>
> Have I missed something?
>
> Petr

I've tried to change it on my own:

1. create and push new branch "real-main"
2. set "real-main" as default branch
3.
    ^&^ git push origin :rawhide
    remote: Branch deletion is not allowed
    remote: Denied push for ref 'refs/heads/rawhide' for user 'plautrba'
    remote: All changes have been rejected
    To ssh://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/tests/selinux.git
     ! [remote rejected]           rawhide (pre-receive hook declined)
    error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/tests/selinux.git'

4. remove alias main -> rawhide at
https://src.fedoraproject.org/tests/selinux/settings#gitbranch-tab

pagure reports: "Alias deleted"

5. refresh the setting page

6. Alias "main" is still there
https://src.fedoraproject.org/tests/selinux/settings#gitbranch-tab

what now? revert changes back to misleading "rawhide"? use "master" as
it's directly referenced in tests we use in Red Hat and solve strange
default branch name later?

Petr