Re: Policy proposal (draft): Don't push knowingly broken or work-in-progress work to dist git

On Wed, Jan 27, 2021 at 01:26:17PM +0100, Petr Menšík wrote:
> What about ability to opt-in into %prep checking on push?
> Could we add some new rules to gating.yaml for example, allowing few
> checks on push?

If it's something that runs locally before accepting the commit, I think
that would be fine.

Gating/CI is too late, and I don't really want our git server to parse
spec files.

> Most of package I manage are tiny or small, prep check should not take
> longer than 10s on most of them. I made mistake of omitting patch our
> source file multiple time.
>
> Could similar check be enabled either by dist-git file or project
> settings on package sources?
>
> I never did any check, but I think the most of packages are quite small.
> How many packages could have significant size of sources? If we have
> opt-in first and opt-out for large packages later, would it work?

First I think it will need someone to create such a hook, but yeah, for
many packages a prep test pre-commit would be good I would think.

kevin