Re: Policy proposal (draft): Don't push knowingly broken or work-in-progress work to dist git

On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 03:59:43PM +0100, Miro Hrončok wrote:
> Hello,

...snip...

> Before I try to word it more carefully I'd like to hear some feedback on
> this. What do you think?

In general I think it's a good policy, but we should make sure it's
worded in a nice way. ie, please don't do this, it makes more work for
other people not 'you will get yelled at'. :)

This is similar to our policy with infrastructure ansible, ie, the
checked in state is the desired state. You have to expect that someone
could run the playbook and push all your changes anytime after they are
commited. (For much the same reasons as this issue, you don't want
someone to try and push something simple only to find that they have to
go clean up a bunch of things someone pushed and didn't test :)

I wonder if related to this, we couldn't make koschei opt-out only.
ie, just add everything to it and ask people who don't want to to
specifically opt out.

Anyhow, I'm broadly in favor as long as this is a friendly expectation.

kevin