Re: Proposal to deprecated `fedpkg local`

You can do this in mock without messing with your system. You can use `mock -i some.rpm`, you can even use `mock --pm-cmd whatever dnf command you want to use`. You can use `mock your.srpm --short-circuit=install` and similar. You can use `mock shell --unpriv` if you want to tinker more. Mock is everything you ever wanted to develop for Fedora.

So could you please share with us specifics of your workflow which makes it unique and which really requires `fedpkg local`? I can't imaging that intentionally breaking the host system due to testing soname bump is the right thing to do.

Vít