Re: Chromium built in rawhide does not render most strings

Florian Weimer wrote:
> I suspect some of the preprocessor conditionals in
> SyscallSets::IsFileSystem in
>
> <https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src.git/+/refs/heads/master/sandbox/linux/seccomp-bpf-helpers/syscall_sets.cc>
>
> need fixing.

Unfortunately, the fix is more complicated than that. It is really not
helpful behavior from glibc to use the fstatat syscall to implement fstat.
(What is the benefit of doing that?) It is particularly hard to detect that
an fstatat call is really an fstat in a seccomp sandbox because BPF does not
support validating string arguments, but the path being an empty string is a
necessary condition to check.

I have come up with this fix:
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/qt5-qtwebengine/blob/master/f/qtwebengine-everywhere-src-5.15.2-%231904652.patch
that works for me (and it actually ends up calling the fstat syscall as the
old glibc did, because that is the only safe way to prevent retriggering
another SIGSYS from the SIGSYS handler).

So far, it has not yet been applied to the chromium package, only to
qt5-qtwebengine.

        Kevin Kofler