Re: [ELN] How to handle RHEL-specific changes when it fails in ELN?

Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> I see a "Source1" tarball from github. If a github published archive
> isn't reasonable for a Source tarball, there are a *lot* of other
> .spec files that would need to be rejected.

As per:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Bundled_Libraries#Treatment_of_Bundled_Libraries
bundling is only allowed if the package cannot be built against system
libraries (usually because upstream does not support that, though there can
be other reasons).

In this case, pure non-vendored tarballs are also available (the ones
directly produced by GitHub, as opposed to the manually uploaded vendored
one), so I do not see how that would be the case here.

Hence, the bundling is not allowed by Fedora packaging guidelines.

        Kevin Kofler