Re: Needing Some Maintenance Help

Hi Erich,

Il giorno gio, 14/01/2021 alle 10.14 -0800, Erich Eickmeyer ha scritto:
> Hi All,
>
> Over the course of the past few months, I have become employed by a
> company to provide their user software experience. This has limited
> the
> time that I have, and, unfortunately, my involvement in Fedora has,
> and
> needs to, decrease.
>
> I currently maintain the Fedora Jam lab, and would like some help
> with
> that. Just last night, while I was trying to relax after my day, I
> was
> CC'd on two bug reports only because I'm Jam's maintainer, when
> really
> the responsibility for the issues in question (pipewire related in
> Rawhide) lie on the change owner(s) for the Pipewire-By-Default
> change.
>
> I fixed a couple of packages only as a courtesy that were related to
> the issue (unable to install the @audio group), but that
> responsibility
> lies with the change owner(s), of which I'm not a part due to time
> restrictions. I removed myself from the bug report after that and had
> explained that they needed to add the change owner(s).
>
> This same person that CC'd me on that decided to then file a bug
> report
> against Jam 34 which is currently FTBFS due to the aforementioned
> issue
> with the @audio group. Since we (spin/lab maintainers) get automated
> emails about these things, I told them not to file bug reports
> against
> spins/labs in the future and closed it as errata. I realize this
> person
> was only trying to help, but it caused me some undo stress.
>
> This made me realize that I need to take a step back. Not only have I
> gained employment with a company that is using Ubuntu as their base
> (specifically Kubuntu with Ubuntu Studio partnership), but I've also
> become a MOTU with Ubuntu ("Master Of The Universe [repository]",
> much
> like a proven packager here). As such, Fedora isn't exactly integral
> what I do, but I'd like to keep my rpm packaging skills somewhat
> sharpened, which is why I'll be keeping certain packages that I have
> direct involvement upstream with (e.g. studio-controls).
>
> So, here's what I'm looking for:
>
> * Someone to help me maintain Jam
>   * Including fedora-jam-backgrounds and fedora-jam-kde-theme
> packages
>
> * Co-maintainers and/or new maintainers for the following packages:

> [...]

I'm involved in audio/music packaging too, and I have some experience
with lv2 plugins, so I can comaintain your lv2 packages.
I don't know dssi enough, so I can't maintain dssi packages.
I can also help maintain jmeters, meterbridge and soundtracker.

My FAS account is tartina

> Simply let me know which package you'd like and if you'd like to
> maintain or co-maintain along with your fas username.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Erich

Thanks for your work for Jam Lab

> --