Re: Fedora 34 Change: Route all Audio to PipeWire (System-Wide Change)

> With the help of Tomas and Jan, we've got this sorted out. Upgrade to
> pipewire 0.3.15 did help with Chrome, Firefox, and OBS being now able to
> share the screen. It doesn't help with UX of pipewire portal dialogs but
> this is something I can live with for time being.

Hi,

I noticed a pipewire update today and that greatly reduced the list of
dependent packages getting in the way of a dnf swap:

paprefs
pulseaudio-module-bluetooth-freeworld (rpmfusion)
pulseaudio-module-gconf
pulseaudio-module-gsettings
pulseaudio-module-x11
xfce4-pulseaudio-plugin

The paprefs package depends on pulseaudio-module-gsettings and is not
a problem, more like a collateral casualty.

The non-rpmfusion pulseaudio-module-* packages seem to be part of the
problem with an explicit pulseaudio dependency. They all come from the
pulseaudio SRPM, but it's not clear whether the scope of the
pipewire-pulseaudio package includes those modules. Playing a bit with
dnf repoquery it doesn't seem to be the case, and the other
pulseaudio-module-* packages I didn't install on my system seem to
share the same behavior.

Same explicit dependency with the xfce4-pulseaudio-plugin package.

I'm now much closer to giving pipewire a try.

Dridi