Re: How to handle a config(noreplace) file that needs to be updated

On Sun, Jan 3, 2021 at 8:16 PM Robert-André Mauchin <zebob.m@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a project for which the config file (toml) has been significantly
> changed, notably renamed sections. As such some older config parameters
> won't work anymore.
> However the current config file can't be overwritten because of
> config(noreplace) directive. How do I recommend my users to move to the
> new config format?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Robert-André

The simplest solution might be to only provide the update with the
breaking change in rawhide / f34, and put a change about the new
config file format into the release notes. Such breaking changes are
to be expected when doing major upgrades, and people should read the
release notes if they have custom configs they care about.

Fabio