Re: Fedora 34 Change: DNF/RPM Copy on Write enablement for all variants (System-Wide Change)

On Mon, Dec 21, 2020 at 07:14:08PM +0100, Marius Schwarz wrote:
> Am 21.12.20 um 18:53 schrieb Kevin Fenzi:
> > But in general perhaps we should decide how much value drpms provide
> > these days and either make sure we are making more of them, or drop
> > them.
> delta rpms safe so much time in form of bandwidth on the client side.

Well, it's tradeoffs. They save bandwith and download time on one side,
but use lots of cpu cycles and disk space on the other. It just depends
on what each person wants based on their situation and hardware.

Right now we are not making very many drpms at all, due to the way the
compose process has changed over the years. If we keep drpms around we
should really look into making more of them... as they are now, they
seldom matter.

kevin