Re: Proposal: drop "Test installation media" from live media

On Fri, Dec 11, 2020 at 10:37:01AM -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > Let's just go ahead and get people started faster.
>
> Could we maybe just bump it down to the 'troubleshooting' menu or
> whatever it's labelled there and have it not be the default, rather
> than remove it entirely?

Sure, that seems okay too. In doing that, I suggest we change from:

    _S_tart Fedora-Worksation-Live 33
    Test this _m_edia & start Fedora-Workstation-Live 33

    Troubleshooting

    _1_. Start Fedora Workstation Live 33
    _2_. Troubleshooting options...

...where previously S and m are a slightly different color, which is Secret
DOS Application UI Code for "if you wanted, you could press this letter
instead of using the arrow keys" -- let's use numbers instead, which both
make it more obvious that this is menu of options and are logical easy
things to press.

The troubleshooting menu currently has help text which appears for some of
the options. We could add some friendly text like:

"Press Enter to start a live environment which you can experiment with
 without making any permanent changes, or use to easily install Fedora
 Workstation to your hard drive."

I'd also like to reduce the timeout from 60 seconds to 15 or something, but
I won't fight anyone on that.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>