Packaging a go application

Hi,

As I have said earlier, I am trying to package aerc, the mail client,
for Fedora. What didn't cross my mind is that internet access will be
limited during the build, thus the automatic dependency resolution
from the Makefile during the build stage of aerc doesn't work.

I was wondering what the best way would be to get this into
BuildRequires.

My current .spec - https://pastebin.com/HZsuPXds

The project uses go.mod
(https://git.sr.ht/~sircmpwn/aerc/tree/master/go.mod) with quite a few
dependencies, most of them not available in the official repositories as
packages.

As far as I understand, that gives me two options:

1) Bundle the dependencies as a package for each release of aerc based
on aerc's go.mod

2) Package a go application according to the official Go packaging
guidelines (from here:
https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/packaging-guidelines/Golang/#_dependencies)

I have attempted this, generating the deps with golist as described and
adding those as BuildRequires, but the builds then failed with

error: Failed build dependencies:
       golang(github.com/creack/pty) is needed by
       aerc-0.5.2-4.fc33.x86_64

I have tried looking at the spec file of kubectl for reference, but I
am not sure which all macros are required to make BuildRequires:
golang(<package>) work.

Thanks for any pointers!