Deprecate xemacs and neXtaw

It pains me to write this.  I have been part of XEmacs upstream for
over 20 years [1].  I worked on several features, fixed a lot of bugs
[2], and really enjoyed working with the other XEmacs developers.
But, as has happened to so many open source projects, the developers
slowly trickled away until only a handful of us were left.  I
personally have only fixed a few bugs now and then since 2014, when I
contributed my last feature (SSL/TLS support).

Suffice it to say that upstream is all but dead.  There are still a
few commits now and then, but nothing much is happening.  I think it
is time, sadly, to start moving towards dropping XEmacs from Fedora.
Given the number of XEmacs add-on packages in the repository, I think
the first step should be to deprecate XEmacs so that no more are
added.

I know there are XEmacs users in the audience, because I still get bug
reports now and then.  How do you XEmacs users feel about this?

If everybody is okay with this, I will submit a Change Proposal to
deprecate the following
packages:
xemacs
xemacs-packages-base
xemacs-packages-extra
neXtaw

Footnotes:
[1] My first commit is dated 1 Dec 2000, but I sent patches upstream
prior to that.
[2] Some of them were even bugs I hadn't written in the first place!
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/