Scala

Scala has been orphaned.  I don't do anything with scala personally,
but I would like to see jacop stay in Fedora.  So I've been poking
around to see how hard it would be to rescue scala, as well as move it
up to a more recent version.  The results of my poking around can be
seen here:

https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/jjames/scala/

The bootstrap build of scala 2.13.4 uses upstream's JARs, but then the
second build is done entirely from source with Fedora (and COPR) RPMs.

Stuff to do before this can really be built in Fedora:
- Figure out if jansi 2.0.1 is backwards compatible with jansi 1.18.  If it is
  not, then we'll have to figure out how to make parallel installable versions
  of jansi 1.18 and 2.0.1, or else port everything currently using 1.18 to
  2.0.1.
- Figure out if I built jansi 2.0.1 correctly.  There is a shared object inside
  of the JAR, which I think is not correct.
- Figure out if any scala tests can be run and, if so, how.  If no tests can be
  run, then we can omit java-diff-utils and jol, which are only used for the
  tests.

So far as I can tell, the only scala applications currently in Fedora
are jacop and scalacheck, and scalacheck has also been orphaned, so
I'm not worried about breaking anything with such a big jump in scala
versions.  If anybody else is interested in scala, please speak up and
we can figure out how to meet your goals, too.
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/